KlarisIP is a boutique consulting firm, focused on defining the future of content management, information, rights, distribution, and content consumption. We help companies build the most effective, efficient, and agile intellectual property supply chains through the entire lifecycle of acquisition, use, and monetization of content assets. As former strategy and operations executives for some of the content industry’s most recognizable global brands, the KlarisIP team understands the content business and its challenges inherently, and is highly experienced in leading organizations through the people, process, and information transformations that drive real value.
Business Analysts are the foundation of many consulting project teams. They have the communication skills to engage a wide variety of business stakeholders in meaningful discussions about their challenges, needs and aspirations; the listening and language skills to capture it all in coherent documentation; and the analytical skills to synthesize disparate information streams into a meaningful set of thoughts and actions for their own team members and their clients. They coordinate project activities for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness, and, above all, are constantly setting and managing expectations. They look out for the team and the project.
Responsibilities & Competencies:
Typical Business Analysis & Project Coordination activities:
- Coordinating the compilation, review, validation & polish of project deliverable documents from multiple sources and with a diverse group of internal and client project stakeholders
- Preparing initial drafts of project documents – narrative text, presentations and spreadsheets, for example
- Conducting industry and subject matter research at the direction of project leadership
- Coordinating internal and client meetings
- Coordinating internal and client communications
- Taking meeting notes, writing them up, validating them with offline research, and iterating them with stakeholders to finalize
- Supporting practice & business development through work on thought leadership artifacts, biz dev & marketing collateral, sales planning, new proposals, conferences, and company events
Competencies – Core Consulting:
- Organized, with discipline & strong time management
- Demonstrates familiarity, knowledge and interest in a good cross-section of the subject matter of our practice – digital asset management, metadata & information architecture, content management, rights management, intellectual property management, and/or MarTech
- Demonstrates familiarity, experience and interest in a good cross-section of management consulting disciplines – strategy, process capture & definition, business requirements gathering, technology/platform selection, program definition/management, governance, etc.
- Provides analysis of client & industry data for appropriate client outcomes
- Provides well-reasoned & appropriate solutions for client challenges
- Synthesizes information quickly from disparate sources
- Can facilitate client sessions, effectively listening, meeting expectations, & steering/shaping towards appropriate outcomes
- Can tune into client dynamics and steer discussions appropriately
- Understands the client business context, & shapes their own work accordingly
- Brings clear and articulate writing skills – can prepare & deliver lucid client presentations, prepare preliminary drafts of project deliverables, and compile content from different sources into a single, coherent artifact.
- Identifies subject matter knowledge gaps and takes initiative to address them pro-actively
- Creates & maintains project admin documentation, status reports
- Identifies project schedule, scope, & risk issues
Competencies – contribution to the practice:
- Contributes to proposal drafting & supports proposal prep
- Contributes to thought leadership artifacts
- Contributes to business research/analysis in support of company strategy
- Contributes to business development collateral