KlarisIP is a boutique consulting firm, focused on defining the future of content management, information, rights, distribution, and content consumption. We help companies build the most effective, efficient, and agile intellectual property supply chains through the entire lifecycle of acquisition, use, and monetization of content assets. As former strategy and operations executives for some of the content industry’s most recognizable global brands, the KlarisIP team understands the content business and its challenges inherently, and is highly experienced in leading organizations through the people, process, and information transformations that drive real value.
KlarisIP has two full-time project archivist roles for a 5 month contract position. The project archivist would work with a major client in Calabasas (the Los Angeles metro area). This role will be required to be on-site.
For this project, the archivist will help to barcode and organize a physical apparel collection. Additionally, the archivist will aid in the digitization of the apparel objects, which includes organizing digital files and creating metadata for each digital asset.
- Barcode apparel objects (clothing, shoes and accessories)
- Capture barcode data and associated physical collection data
- Capture requirements around the physical spacing of the archive
- Review digital imaging and make sure it meets the necessary requirements
- Organize files into directory structures
- QA filename conventions and any other imaging metadata
- Create descriptive metadata tags for digital assets
- QA the ingested assets within the Archival DAM
- Proficiency with Excel
- Archival experience desired
- Needs to be extremely detail oriented
- Must be organized and meet deadlines
- Background in libraries, archives or fashion history collections preferred
- Must be able to lift boxes and other physical objects (weight will be no more than 40lbs)
- Knowledge of Adobe Bridge, Adobe Lightroom or Capture One desired
Role to be filled by 3/31/19. Rate will be commensurate to experience.